Peanut Butter enthusiasts are celebrating #NationalPeanutButterDay. High in protein, this versatile and creamy concoction is so loved that the average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he or she graduates from high school. If you’re nuts for peanut butter, we’ve selected a few of our favorite peanut butter recipes from our inns.
EXTRA LARGE PEANUT BUTTER CUP RECIPE, from Chef Dan at Inn at Westwynd Farm
- 2 pounds of melted chocolate
- Peanut butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (heated)
- Brush the bottom and sides of a pie pan with a pastry brush
- Fill with melted peanut butter slightly cooled, powdered sugar, and coconut oil
- Refrigerate for a few minutes then cover with soft but melty chocolate
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie from Tennessee bed and breakfast Whitestone Inn
- 1¼ cups of crushed pretzels
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3oz of butter
- 2oz of chocolate ganache
- 8 oz of milk
- 8 oz of heavy cream
- ½ tsp of salt
- 4 oz of sugar
- 5 oz of egg yolks
- ½ tbsp of vanilla
- 6oz of peanut butter
Method of production for the crust:
- Combine pretzels, sugar, and butter and press into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes and cool.
- After cooled, pour in ganache and let set in cooler until firm.
Method of production for pie filling (makes 24 oz):
- Combine the milk and cream with 2oz of sugar and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, blend the egg yolks and the remaining 2oz of sugar together.
- Add the eggs to the hot milk slowly to temper the eggs and cook until thick enough to set up like pudding. Then add extract.
- Add the 6oz of peanut butter.
- Pour this mixture onto the setup ganache and pretzel crust.
- Let pie set 6-8 hours and top with crumbled peanut butter cups.
Choco-Peanut Butter Cups from Waynesville NC Bed and Breakfast, Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast
- 1 roll (18oz) Pillsbury refrigerated peanut butter cookies
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Cut cookie dough into 24 slices. Press each slice into the bottom and up the side of each mini muffin cup, forming 1/4 inch rim above the top of the cup. (Hint- Use the Pampered Chef Mini Tart Shaper). Bake 10-15 minutes and cool for 5 minutes. With Mini Tart Shaper, press the dough down in the center of each cup to make room for 2 Tbs. filling.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt white chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Divide mixture evenly into cookie cups (about 1tbsp each). Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In the same 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Divide chocolate mixture evenly on top of the peanut butter mixture in each cup (about 1 Tbs. each). Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top of each. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.