A haven on a coastal hillside overlooking the magnificent Mendocino Bay, the Stanford Inn by the Sea is a breath of fresh air with endless possibilities for reconnecting with nature. Every detail in this boutique hotel has been thought of, and designed to make guests feel as though they are one with their natural surroundings. From the incorporation of redwood and pine in the paneling of the rooms and suites to the organic garden on the property to the plant-based, chef-prepared breakfasts, everything about the Stanford Inn speaks nature. Add to that the opportunities to explore beautiful coastal California and you have the makings for a truly unique vacation, full of rejuvenation and relaxation at this Mendocino Bed and Breakfast.
The Stanford Inn is the passion project of Joan and Jeff Stafford, who fell in love with the area, and then the property, in 1980 when they relocated there. Since then, they have done everything they can to share that passion with their guests by allowing them to experience the truly breathtakingly beautiful Mendocino coast. Today, they welcome guests like they would family and provide everything one would need to experience the land as they did so many years ago and still do today. Here you will find some of the best massage therapists in the area, canoes and bicycles to explore the land, and one of the most renowned vegan restaurants in all of North America. They even offer training in joyful living and mindfulness at their very own Mendocino Center for Living Well. With their commitment to living a good life and to providing that opportunity for their guests, everyone who steps onto the property will leave feeling better than when they arrived.
Exploring the Stanford Inn by the Sea and Beyond
With all that is offered at the Stanford Inn by the Sea you could experience the getaway of a lifetime without even leaving the property but it is surrounded by so much more to explore. From downtown Mendocino to the great outdoors, there is enough to do in the area to keep you occupied for days.
- Mendocino Headlands State Park
- Russian Gulch State Park
- Big River Haul Road
- Mendocino Woodlands State Park
- Mendocino Bay Viewpoint
- Jug Handle State Natural Reserve
- Point Cabrillo Light Station
- Van Damme State Park
- Caspar Headlands State Beach
- Whale Watching
- Mendocino Friday Farmer’s Market
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
Downtown and Beyond
- Prentice Gallery
- Mendocino Art Center
- Kelley House Museum
- Gallery Book Shop
- Wine Tasting in Anderson Valley
- Ford House Museum
- Highlights Gallery
- Temple of Kwan Tai
Regardless of what type of adventure seeker you are there is plenty to choose from when you visit the Mendocino Coast. Staying at the Stanford Inn by the Sea gives guests the added benefit of having experienced hosts who love and know the area and can offer recommendations on what to do and where to go.
Rooms and Suites That Feel Like Home
Upon arrival guests are welcomed in through a spacious lobby that gives guests a glimpse into the rest of what is in store, giving a hint of the room’s comfort and décor. With 15 different room types, all with private bathrooms, balconies or patios, and fireplaces – there is something for everyone at this nature focused resort.
- Two-Room Suites – One bedroom and a living room, with ocean and garden views.
- Big River Executive Kings – One room with garden views.
- Big River Two-Room King Suites – One bedroom and a living room with ocean views.
- Big River King with Daybed – One room with ocean views.
- Forest Executive King – One room with garden and ocean views.
- Big River Queen Petite – One room with garden and ocean views.
- Big River Executive Queen – One room with garden and ocean views.
- Big River Queen with Daybed – One room with ocean views.
- Big River Family Rooms – One room with two queens and ocean views.
- Big River Accessible Queens – One room with garden and ocean views.
- Big River with Two Doubles – One room with partial ocean views.
- Canoe Suite at Big River Bridge – One bedroom, living room and kitchen with river and pasture views.
- Garret Suite at Big River Bridge – One bedroom with two levels with river and pasture views.
- The Barn Suite – One bedroom, living room and kitchen in a barn with views of the garden and horses.
- Combined Two-Room Suite and Executive King Suite – Combination that allows for sleeping up to six.
With so many options for different experiences at the Stanford Inn visitors have every reason to return again and again, and often they do. Whether traveling solo, looking for a romantic getaway or getting the family away from the city to experience nature in all of its glory – the Stanford Inn by the Sea has the perfect accommodations to suit your needs.
A Place to Rejuvenate and Unwind
There are many places you can choose to spend your vacation time but so few offer the opportunities to rejuvenate and unwind like the Stanford Inn by the Sea. It is a place where you can experience the simple life, caring for your body and soul so that you can leave feeling renewed and whole.
The Stanford Inn by the Sea is a member of the bnbfinder Diamond Collection and accepts bnbfinder bed and breakfast Gift Cards. The bnbfinder Diamond Collection is an exclusive group of professionally inspected and/or highly rated luxury bed and breakfasts and inns. Each member of the bnbfinder Diamond Collection is required to have passed a professional inspection from a third-party industry-recognized inspection agency or achieved a high traveler review rating consecutively for each of the past three years.
Members of this program offer guests exceptional experiences and levels of service in line with today’s discerning travelers’ highest expectations. bnbfinder invites you to peruse each of our Diamond Collection members. Remember to be sure and tell the innkeeper you found them via the bnbfinder Diamond Collection!